The following notes contain some important information about the race, which will help the day run smoothly and ensure that everyone enjoys the event. Please take some time to read through it.
RACE START TIME
First Waves for Junior Event start at 11am with the oldest competitors going off first, each age group will follow as soon as the last competitor from the previous group has entered the water.
Start times for Autumn 2023 are as follows
Please arrive poolside around 10 minutes before your predicted start time.
ARRIVAL & PARKING
You will need to set your sat nav for Pool in the Park Woking if you have never been to the venue before the address is shown below.
Woking Park, Kingfield Rd, Woking, Surrey GU22 9BA, United Kingdom
You are welcome to park anywhere available within the main car park and there are plenty of spaces available. Pool in the Park is the left of the two buildings when viewed from the car park. Registration & Transition are located to the rear of the pool in the park building.
Parking is free for the first 3 hours and a small charge applies thereafter.
A map of the venue is provided below.
REGISTRATION (Open for Juniors from 10am)
Everyone MUST register before the race starts. Registration is located as marked on the venue map.
Please quote your Surname, which is shown in the entry list. On registering, you will be given your race packet which contains your race number which must be worn during the race as soon as you leave transition and your timing chip.
WAVES START FROM 11AM
Juniors will swim the correct race distance in a snake style swim.
They will swim in a “snake” system whereby they swim up and down the lane before moving over one lane and repeating. We will start all juniors in the correct position for their age category.
- Youth – 100m swim in lane 1, 100m swim in lane 2, than snake swim until the exit.
- Tristar 3 – Straight 300m Swim – snake style through all lanes
- Tristar 2 – Straight 200m Swim – snake style through 4 lanes
- Tristar 1 – Straight 150m Swim – snake style through 3 lanes
- Tristar Start – Straight 50m Swim – up and back in 1 lane.
Juniors will be set off at short timed intervals (between 25-30 seconds) in race number order.
There’s a short barefoot run from the pool to transition before the juniors start the run.
• No wetsuits allowed.
• Please enter the pool in your designated number order. Competitors entering before their start slot may be asked to leave the pool at the end of the first length and restart at their correct start time. Competitors that have missed their start time, may not be allowed to start the race
• Swimmers should always pass at the end of the lane and this will be explained to them in the briefing to ensure they comply with this rule and let faster swimmers go past.
• When they reach the end, they will need to exit via either the pool edge or the supplied ladder.
• No Calf Guards allowed.
The run course consists of a lapped run circuit within the park. These are clearly sign posted and coned, with marshalls located at key locations. You can view the course on the venue map above as the route showed in red.
The number of laps to be completed is as follows;
- Tristar start – half lap of the Junior Course as shown on map
- Tristar 1 – 1 lap of the Junior Course
- Tristar 2 – 2 laps of the Junior Course
- Tristar 3/Youth – 3 laps of the Junior Course
It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure they complete the required number of laps on the run.
RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS
Your race numbers must be visible from the front on the run so take care when attaching. Race belts are strongly recommended.
Please put your timing chips on your LEFT wrist to ensure accurate race times throughout.
Race Timing points are provided at swim exit, bike in/out, run out & finish.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE VENUE WITHOUT RETURNING YOUR TIMING CHIP;
Timing Chips will be collected at the finish line. If for some reason your child does not finish please remember to give the chip to a marshal and let them know you didn’t finish the race.
BEFORE entering transition, you will need to put on your race number, which will allow you entry in and out of transition.
BAG STORAGE/INDOOR CHANGING
In order to reduce congestion no large bags or boxes may be stored in transition. All bags/boxes must be placed to one side or secured within lockers within the venue changing rooms. We strongly reccomend that all items of value and where possible including transition bags are stored inside lockers. Locker Keys must be retained on your person or with friends/family/parents, not race marshals. Fullsteam Events shall not be held liable for any items that go missing from transition.
• No parental assistance is allowed in transition.
• Please take note of how the transition area works and your path through it as confusion on the day slows everyone down!
Being parents ourselves we fully understand the urge to find the best place to photograph our loved ones or to urge them on. We ask that you please respect the marshals and the fencing and barrier tape that we have in place. The Marshall’s are all volunteers and are giving up their time to enable the event to happen. Please respect this. Thank you.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Note: It is the competitor’s responsibility to know the rules of triathlon
and the race course.
In case of any accidents and emergencies we have first aiders located both within Woking Park and out on the bike course. Marshals will have their contact numbers so please ask them for assistance if required.
Spectators are most welcome at the race and have an opportunity to see the swim, transition, run and finish.
Good locations to view participants are
- The pool gallery
- Within the general public areas around transition.
- The Run course along its internal length or by the finish line.
Please cheer on all participants and not just those you are there to support
RACE RESULTS, PRIZES & PRESENTATIONS
Prizes are awarded in the following categories at each race:
Male and Female Overall 1st Place, Overall 2nd place, Overall 3rd place in each Tristars category.
Prizes will be sent out in the post following the event.
If you have any further questions, please check the website, www.fullste.am, where there are interactive maps of the course and more.
If you still need assistance, send an email to [email protected]
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on race day.