Welcome to Fortitude, a new ultra running challenge.
We’re absolutely delighted to have you all with us for what we hope will grow to be a great new event on the UK Ultra calendar.
Take your time with the event, remember it’s all about pacing and staying sane, support each other and whatever happens don’t give up. This is all about you vs you.
SATURDAY - 14/03/2020
EVENT IN PROGRESS
PIPPINGFORD PARK MANOR, NUTLEY, UCKFIELD TN22 3HW
Parking is available free of charge at the venue on the day of the event.
No cars may be left on site overnight before or after the event.
Any vehicle left on site will be removed from the venue.
At registration, you will be provided with everything you need to take part in the event on the day. Please have your ID ready to display when you arrive for the event.
You will be issued with one bib number. Affix your bib number to either a race number belt of a visible bit of kit you will be wearing throughout the event.
You will be provided with a timing chip at registration, please place the timing chip on your left wrist. This will be used to provide you with your finish time for the day.
Take good care of it, if you lose it you will be charged £10.
A Video Briefing will be issued in the days leading up to the event (typically 48 hours prior), you will need to watch this video.
Our medical team will be on standby throughout the event looking for anybody in trouble. In the event of any medical problems please contact the event team. We recommend keeping your mobile phone on you throughout the event so you can contact us for support as needed.
ATHLETE AREA/FEED STATION
Within the base camp there are two key areas the race HQ & Feed Station and the Athlete Area
Within the Race HQ there is a feed station where we will have available as a minimum;
- Water (Hot & Cold)
- Sachets of Fullsteam Performance Energy (Energy Drink)
- Isotonic Tablets
- Flapjacks/Cookies and other savoury foods
Progress will be available to view live on raceday online at www.race-results.com
Any problems these are the guys to patch you up and keep you moving.
- The Run Course is all fully signposted with Marshalls located at the various key split/merge points.
- Feed/Medical/Toilets is all located at the base camp/event village so make sure you take out with what you need on each lap.
- A sweep will tail sweep the course each hour to make sure everybody is ok and progressing safely.
You will be assigned on race day a coloured band at registration which will be your start wave.
Waves of 30 will start 5 minutes apart, please ensure prior to the start of your wave you make the most of all the space available and spread out.
Once the event is going there will be a more or less a slow constant flow of people coming into and out of the race village.
Within the race village there is space for every participant to set themselves up a spot well away from other people, set up a little tent, a chair or whatever they wish to help them get through the 10 hours. If the weather is wet we strongly recommend you consider how to keep your stuff dry, small pop up tents are perfect. Unfortunately it is not possible for us to provide cover as this would become a focal point for people to congregate.
To comply with social distancing please having come through finish line and the feed station make your way to your spot and stay there until its time to start your next lap.
You will be awarded an event medal and finishers shirt based on your ability to complete 10 laps of our roughly 3mile, 4mile or 5mile loops in the given time.
You can change down distance at any time based on how the day is going but you must complete all 10 laps and return to the race village within each hour. Failure to complete a lap and return to the start within the hour will mean you can’t progress onto the next hour.
- You laps will be tracked by two systems – firstly electronic timing and secondly a wrist band system.
- You will start the day with 3 wrist bands, blue/red/black. The first time you do not complete black or red you symbolically throw your wrist band in the bucket. Don’t make it back to camp in the hour that will cost you the blue band and your day will end there.
- At the end of the 10 hours show your wrist band at the finish line to claim your T-Shirt.
- If you decide to withdraw at any point let our team at the lap finish know and hand in your bands.